Mango Kerabu (Spicy Sweet Mango Salad)
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 2 large ripe mangoes, peeled
- 10 mint leaves, chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped coarsely
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sambal oelek (chili sauce)
- Dice mangoes and combine with other ingredients.
- Mix well and serve chilled or room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Absolutely superb -- with a perfect balance of flavours. Made as written and served at room temperature. It fed four as a side dish. Thanks so much for an interesting and creative way with mangoes. UPDATE: I am spending a year travelling through Africa on the back of a truck. Our cook group made a variation on this salad in Mali where mangoes were cheap and plentiful. Had to sub tomatoes for the chili sauce out as one of our 28 has an ulcer, but followed the rest. Everyone loved it. P.S. We used 12 mangoes and two bunches of mint. Yummo!
see 1 more reviews