Prep 40 mins
Cook 6 mins
something different for the bbq Prep time includeds 30mins marinating time
Make and share this Sweet Soy and Ginger Fish recipe from Food.com.
- 78.07 ml honey
- 59.14 ml reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 cm gingerroot, peeled, grated
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 8 small white fish fillets (such as snapper)
- salad greens, to serve (baby asian)
- Combine honey, soy, ginger and oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring, until marinade comes to the boil.
- Set aside to cool. Pour marinade into a ceramic dish.
- Add fish to cooled marinade. Turn to coat.
- Cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue on medium heat.
- Remove fish from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Cook fish, brushing with marinade, for 3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Place onto plates.
- Serve with Asian salad greens.
This was a tasty way to serve fish. I used barramundi and cooked in a frypan, which meant that I kept all of the extra juices (I doubled the sauce). Served on a bed of stirfry veggies and rice. Thanks!
The flavor of this dish is fantastic!! The presentation was bad, but this can be "operator error". The honey from the marinade glued to the grill. At one point also smelled like burnt sugar and I was worried the fish would be ruined, but it tasted fantastic. Next time I will oil the grill or may be cook it on foil, to see what happens.