Recipe by Sonya01
something different for the bbq Prep time includeds 30mins marinating time
Top Review by Chickee
This was a tasty way to serve fish. I used barramundi and cooked in a frypan, which meant that I kept all of the extra juices (I doubled the sauce). Served on a bed of stirfry veggies and rice. Thanks!
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 cm gingerroot, peeled, grated
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 8 small white fish fillets (such as snapper)
- salad greens, to serve (baby asian)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine honey, soy, ginger and oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring, until marinade comes to the boil.
- Set aside to cool. Pour marinade into a ceramic dish.
- Add fish to cooled marinade. Turn to coat.
- Cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue on medium heat.
- Remove fish from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Cook fish, brushing with marinade, for 3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Place onto plates.
- Serve with Asian salad greens.