Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Sweet gooey spareribs. They don't last long in my house. I serve them with mashed potatoes.
- 1 lb pork spareribs
- canola oil (for frying)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour (for dredging)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Separate ribs.
- Dredge spareribs in flour and brown in canola oil.
- Place browned spareribs into a roasting pan with a lid.
- Combine all remaining ingredients and pour over browned spareribs.
- Cook in a 375°F oven for about 2 hours or until sauce has thickened and ribs are tender.