Recipe by Tisme
Found this recipe from Heinz, quick, easy, simple and very tasty.Prep times includes marinating chicken.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
Simple and easy with loads of flavor. I mixed some cornstarch in with the pineapple juice to make a thicker sauce. I also add a little crushed red pepper flakes. I used a green pepper because that was what I had on hand. Made for Aus/NZ Make My Recipe Summer Tag Game.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 500 g skinless chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 150 g snow peas, trimmed
- 430 g pineapple chunks, drained, juice reserved (natural juice)
- 420 g condensed chicken vegetable soup
- chives (optional) or spring onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soy, vinegar, cornflour and sugar and blend well.
- Add chicken and marinate in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Drain chicken and reserve marinade.
- Heat oil in a large pan and cook chicken, in small batches, over a high heat for 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion to pan and cook for 2 minutes. Add capsicum and cook for a further 2 minutes. Stir in snow peas, pineapple pieces, 1/3 cup reserved pineapple juice, the soup, reserved marinade and chicken. Mix well.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until chicken is tender and sauce thickened.
- Serve with steamed rice and garnish with chives or spring onions.