Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A sweet way to serve cabbage. Less sugar can be used if you prefer a sourer version
- 1 head red cabbage
- 3 apples
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Shredd cabbage, as if for slaw.
- Seed and chop apples.
- Combine cabbage and apples.
- Put in crock pot.
- Combine vinegar, water, molasses and sugar.
- Pour over cabbage in crock pot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
I love, love, love this! Easy and delicious!
Great stuff! I've taken this recipie up to deer camp for the last 3 years (starting 2001.) Hunters are some of the best cooks I know. I serve it with genuine polish kielbasa-no chain store stuff. It only seems to get better the longer it sets with the meat.