My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, stalks and leaves chopped separately
- 1 medium leek, sliced (WHITE AND PALE GREEN PARTS ONLY)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 5 cups sweet potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- 3Add chopped celery stalks and leeks and sauté until onion is translucent for about five minutes.
- 4Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- 5Add potatoes, chicken stock, cinnamon and nutmeg; bring to boil.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until potatoes are tender for about 20 minutes.
- 7Remove cinnamon stick and discard.
- 8Working in batches, puree soup in blender until smooth.
- 9Return soup to pot.
- 10Add half and half and maple syrup and stir over medium-low heat to heat soup through.
- 11Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- 12You can garnish the soup with celery leaves.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet-Potato Soup With Nutmeg and Maple Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.3
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 56.0 mg
- Sodium 535.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 12.3 g