Recipe by WI Cheesehead
This is a blend of sweet and regular potatoes. It's vegetarian, so feel free to sub. in real ground beef. Don't remember where I got it!
Top Review by MsSally
DH and I really enjoyed this even though neither of us likes sweet potatoes much. I used beef instead of TVP. And I used frozen mixed veggies instead of just green beans. This was a very satisfying meal in one. We served it with a salad. Thanks for the great meal. Reviewed for Please review recipe tag.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb vegetarian ground beef (Yves Ground)
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein, granules soaked in water
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups frozen green beans, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, chop and boil sweet potatoes and baking potatoes until tender.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- While potatoes are boiling, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion in oil for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the ground “beef” (no need to brown), Textured Vegetable Protein, and basil, and cook and stir for 5 more minutes.
- Mix in the garlic, green beans, and tomatoes, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer beef mixture to prepared dish.
- Mash the potatoes and mix in the eggs. Spread evenly over meat mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until potatoes start to brown on top.
- Sprinkle with cheese and continue cooking for 5 minutes.