Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
From www.bettycrocker.com I love sweet potatoes. I'm definitely going to savor the rich, sweet taste of sweet potatoes.
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice or 1 cup other short-grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 3 3⁄4 cups chicken broth, warmed
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Spray 3-quart nonstick saucepan with cooking spray.
- Heat wine to boiling in saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook onion and garlic in wine 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is tender.
- Stir in rice.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sweet potato and 1/2 cup of broth.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until liquid is completely absorbed
- Stir in 1/2 cup additional broth.
- Continue cooking about 20 minutes,stirring constantly and adding 1/2 cup of broth at a time after previous additions have been absorbed until rice is creamy and tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
I tried this recipe from a book - it's identical, and it's from BC. I loved this recipe, and my very picky boyfriend also enjoyed it. It was a little mushy when I made it (my first time with risotto, I guess) but we had some really nice round crackers left over from a wine and cheese gathering that we used to put the risotto on, and it was just amazing. It was nice to have that crunch in there, although I'm assuming risotto-purists would think that was scandalous. I used vegetable broth instead, and I garnished with very crunchy grapes, again for that texture change. This was VERY easy to make and it makes the kitchen smell wooonderful.