Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this after Christmas out of my left over tofurky and it was good. I got this recipe off Epicurious and modified it quite a bit. Here is a link to the original: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/233843
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 lb vegetarian chicken substitute (seitan, etc)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 stalk lemongrass (cut into smaller pieces)
- 1⁄4 inch piece gingerroot, grated
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion, cut into wedges (or 1 whole smaller onion)
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- Take 1T of the curry powder with salt, add the chicken and coat. Set this aside while prepping the rest.
- Heat oil on medium heat, add shallot and garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Then add chili flakes and the remainder of the curry powder. Stir about 10 seconds.
- Add chicken and cook until golden.
- Add sugar, lemongrass, ginger and stock. Bring to boil. Add sweet potato, cauliflower, onion and the coconut milk.
- Cook this for 15 minutes or until all veggies are tender. *I added a little more water while I was cooking, depending on how you like your curry you may or may not want to.