Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This sweet and nutty casserole is a holiday favorite of mine from when I was a little girl. Topped with marshmallows and made with love.
- Combine BROWN SUGAR, CHOPPED PECANS, and MELTED BUTTER into mixing bowl. This is the bottom crust. Set aside.
- Peel and chop SWEET POTATO into cubes. Boil until fork tender (approximately 20 minutes). Mash.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine in order (boiled and mashed) SWEET POTATO, chopped PECANS, BROWN SUGAR, SUGAR, SALT, VANILLA, well beaten EGGS, melted BUTTER. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour CRUST mixture onto the bottom of the dish, spread evenly.
- Plop CASSEROLE mixture on top of pecan crust. Spread the top evenly.
- Bake for 30 MINUTES.
- Add a layer of MARSHMALLOWS on top for the last 10 MINUTES.