Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2⁄3 cup soymilk
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sweet potato, mashed -- cooked
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 450 F.
- In small bowl, combine soy milk with lemon juice. Set aside. (Mixture will thicken and resemble buttermilk.) In medium bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In large bowl, combine oil and mashed sweet potat oes.
- Alternately add dry ingredients and soy milk mixture to sweet potatoes to form a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead briefly.
- (Don't overwork or biscuit will be tough.) Pat dough into a 12 x 9-inch rectangle about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut dough with a floured round biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits on a baking sheet, spacing about 1/2 inch apart. Bake until golden, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Very good! I didn't have lemon juice so I skipped that. Still turned out well. Thanks!
These were so yummy! I made it for dinner when my brother and sister-in-law came over. before i even put them in the oven my sister-in-law kept putting her fingers in so dough saying"Yummy" everyone went on and on about them. I added regular and chocolate mint to the sweet potato while i bolied it and then mashed it into the sweet potato. was a nice addition. thanks for a great recipe. this is a new one for our dinner(and breakfast) table!
These were excellent! Made them for T-day dinner and they were great with cran sauce. i used bran flour instead of whole wheat and they turned out a little to bran-ish for some, tho.