Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Everyone loves a curry and they will love you more when you serve them this filling dish. Best served with Naan bread or chapattis
Top Review by priamanda
I added a can of chickpeas an it added a much needed different texture. I also added a bit sirracha as my sweet potato was very sweet. I love this recipe as an easy week night go to to use up extra vegetables.
- 500 g sweet potatoes, peeled and chunked
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 large red chili pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 250 g Baby Spinach, washed
- 1 tablespoon curry paste (you choice of strength)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the sweet potato in boiling water for 10 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion, garlic and turmeric over a gentle heat for 3 minutes, add the chilie and paste and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the sweet potato and season with salt if desired. Continue to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, cover the pan and simmer for 2 - 3 mins until the spinach has wilted and the curry is hot throughout.