Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy, using ingredients you have! My family loves this soup. I didn't find anything like it popping up when I put the title into Zaar's search engine. This is a comforting soup that just might create fond memories for your family...if they love sweet potatoes and peanuts!
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (use the whole foods kind, made of just peanuts)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- chopped peanuts, sliced green onion
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT peanut butter and vinegar in medium Dutch oven. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer covered 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat; discard bay leaf.
- Stir in peanut butter and vinegar.
- Puree in food processor or with immersion blender until smooth.
- Serve hot with garnishes.