Easy, using ingredients you have! My family loves this soup. I didn't find anything like it popping up when I put the title into Zaar's search engine. This is a comforting soup that just might create fond memories for your family...if they love sweet potatoes and peanuts!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (use the whole foods kind, made of just peanuts)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- chopped peanuts, sliced green onion
- 1Combine all ingredients EXCEPT peanut butter and vinegar in medium Dutch oven. Bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat; simmer covered 30 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat; discard bay leaf.
- 4Stir in peanut butter and vinegar.
- 5Puree in food processor or with immersion blender until smooth.
- 6Serve hot with garnishes.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato and Peanut Butter Soup
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.1
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 877.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar