Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
What better way to warm up a cold Winter day with a bowl of soup?! And its good for you. This can be done in your crock pot also. Just throw everything in the crock pot.
- 5 ounces fresh kale
- 3 (14 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 (14 ounce) canscampbells vegetable broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- cut and discard the thick green ends of kale.
- chop kale.
- in a large pot heat olive oil, saute onions and italian seasoning until onions are tender.
- add all the other ingreidents, stir.
- cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
Absolutely delicious. Recipe is great the way it is, but I preferred it with chicken stock instead of vegetable and I replaced the cannelli beans with a 6 bean blend for a bit more variety. This also freezes really well!