Recipe by PaulaG
This was printed in my local newspaper and I gave it a try. A very different way to serve sweet potatoes and so delicious. The great joy in this recipe is it gives you a variation for day one and then on day 2 you can dress it up a little differently and enjoy once again.
Top Review by melodyjean
Day 2 was a big hit and day 1 was good, too. The 1.5 pounds of sweet potatoes (3 medium) made a lot. I would cut back to 1 pound (2 sweet potatoes) next time. Thanks for two new healthy and easy meals.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice (Fresh is best.)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1⁄2 cup toasted chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup sliced scallion
Day 2 (Asian Sweet Potato and Chicken Salad)
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil (Or to taste.)
- mixed greens
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oilive oil, lime juice, sugar, ginger and salt until combined.
- Add the grated sweet potatoes, nuts and scallions; reserve approximately 2 cups of the mixture for day 2 variation and serve the remainder in the lettuce leaf cups.
- Day 2: In a medium size bowl, toss together the reserved sweet potato slaw with the chicken, hoisin sauce and seasame oil; serve over a bed of mixed greens.
- The recipe serves 8, 4 on day 1 and 4 on day 2.