Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Thank you Better Homes and Gardens. I love this recipe. I leave out the olives, but the original recipe calls for it so I put it in for those of you that like them!
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red sweet pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pitted green olives
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3 cups cubed Italian bread
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet cook onions and garlic in hot oil over medium heat for 10 minutes or until onions are golden, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in roasted red peppers and olives.
- Coat a 10-inch quiche dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place bread cubes in dish.
- Top with onion mixture and crumbled feta cheese.
- In a large bowl beat together eggs, chicken broth, wine, and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over bread mixture in dish.
- Bake in a 350º oven for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven.
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Good if you are looking for a different change of pace. Easy to put together. The finished dish had a nice texture. Definitely comfort food. I upped the amount of feta and added one package of frozen spinach; thawed, to make a complete meal. I would also recommend using white wine, it gave the dish elegance and my husband couldn't guess the ingedient.