Recipe by Barb in WNY
A recipe that I've had for years. Baking time depends on the size of the muffins.
Top Review by Dixie from Kansas
I was looking for something different and ran across this recipe in my taste of home cookbook. I didn't see this as working but after reading the previous review I decided to make it. They are very good. I thought the sugar may be too much but it wasn't and I thought it called for too many nuts but it was wasn't. I didn't have enough walnuts so I used pecans with it. I also had to add some milk because I thought they were too thin. I will be making the again. We loved em.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, onion, and butter until blended; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400°F for 10-12 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool, for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire racks.
- Yield: 3 dozen minis or 1 dozen regular muffins.
- Note: If using regular-size muffin cups, bake for 20-25 minutes.