Recipe by HeatherFeather
These were so yummy. I used Mrs Dash garlic & onion blend in this recipe. The sauce was pretty thin but the meatballs were delicious.
- 2 lbs ground turkey breast
- 2 teaspoons salt-free garlic and herb seasoning, to taste
- 1 egg white
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chili sauce (not the spicy kind)
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (I used Brown sugar Splenda)
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, garlic and herb seasoning, egg white and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper.
- Mix well and shape mixture into about 32 meatballs.
- Place meatballs in bottom of slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together tomato sauce, broth, chili sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and thyme.
- Pour mixture over meatballs.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.