Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is an excellent recipe from Better Homes and Gardens.
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs boneless chicken breasts, skinned and frozen
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- hot cooked rice
- In a crock pot combine carrots, green pepper and onion.
- Sprinkle tapioca over vegetables.
- Place frozen chicken pieces on top of vegetables.
- For sauce, in a small bowl combine undrained pineapple, brown sugar, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, bouillon granules, garlic powder, and ground ginger.
- Pour sauce over chicken pieces.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting for 5-6 hours.
- Serve over rice.
I love anything that I can make in the crockpot! This was a very good. I omitted the green pepper for personal taste. The tapioca gave the sauce the right texture.