Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I was looking for a recipe to enter in our annual salsa contest at the county extention office. I took bits and pieces from different recipes and came up with this, the carrots made me courious. Well I ended up winning 1st place to my suprise! I think this would be good in meat loaf but haven't tried it yet. Vicki
- 4 cups peeled cored seeded chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped anaheim chili
- 1 cup shedded carrot
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 jalapenos, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon toasted cumin, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander seed, ground
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, shedded
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Bring all ingredients to a boil, lower heat to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Ladle into hot sterilzed jars, put lids and bands on.
- Process 15 minutes in boiling water bath.