Prep 3 hrs
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from The Better Homes and Gardens Christmas Cookies Magazine. They are delightful. You can use any type of jam, I use raspberry or strawberry. To store, put cookies between wax paper in an airtight container, cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze 3 months.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup desired flavor of tropical fruit jam (such as pineapple or Hawaiian Fruit)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine butter and cream cheese in a large bowl. Beat until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour, beating on low speed until combined.
- Gather mixture into a ball and divide in half. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours or until dough is easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper or nonstick foil; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out one of the dough portions to a 1/8 inch thickness.
- Using a round 3 to 3 1/2 inch cookie cutter, cut out dough. place about 1 teaspoon of the jam in the center of each round.
- Moisten edges of dough with water. Fold the dough in half to enclose the jam; press edges together with the tines of a fork to seal.
- Place the empanaditas 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheet, Bake in oven for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. While cookies are warm, carefully roll them in cinnamon-sugar.Place on a wire rack; let cool. Repeat with remaining dough portion, remaining jam, and remaining cinnamon-sugar.