Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A sweet-hot vinaigrette great on cabbage for slaw or dressing heavy greens like romaine or spinach. Toss some with mango or pineapple and red onion to make a great salsa
- 1 tablespoon diced white onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2⁄3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- Place all ingredients, except the oil, in a blender or food processor and blend until very smooth.
- Slowly add oil in a thin stream while blender/processor is running and blend until all of the oil is incorporated and emulsified.
Great dressing!! used this with mix of romaine and baby spinach, red onions, avocado slices and fresh oranges. Nice sweet hot taste! Yummy!!!
A delightfully different dressing. Just a touch of sweetness and a nice spiciness in the background. Used over a mix of fresh spinach and hearts of romaine. Lovely and unique.
Wonderfully sweet and spicy. Made a huge salad and it was GONE in minutes-next time I will have to double it. Thanks for a great one!