Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe comes from a little restaurant in my town that my husband and I LOVE! One of the employees entered this recipe in a contest and they published it in our newspaper...I couldn't believe it when I found the recipe for our favorite appetizer from our favorite restaurant! It is on the menu as an appetizer but when I prepare it at home I serve it with rice and it is a main dish.
- 6 large scallops
- 8 jumbo shrimp
- 3 tablespoons chili paste
- 2 cups honey
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated gingerroot
- Mix chili paste, honey, lime juice, soy sauce, garlic paste and ginger.
- Sear shrimp and scallops in skillet until white.
- Glaze shrimp and scallops with chili paste mixture just before taking out of pan.
Made a variation of this, the reason I did this was that it seemed like way too much honey. I only used about 2 tsps and that seeme to suffice. I also used my mortar and pestle and crushed my garlic and chilis added some cilantro, green onion, lime zest and cilantro (would have liked to add some lemon grass but didn't have any on hand). Also a little salt and I really liked it, perfect for the shrimp and delicate scallops! We have a restaurant that serves a very similar dish so I was happy to find a recipe to build off! thanks for sharing!!!