Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Sweet but not too sweet. Delicious and low-fat. I always make these for one, so that's what the recipe calls for but they're easily multiplied. Also, I've never measured anything so my measurements are just "eyeballed" - customize to your own taste. Make sure to use red onion instead of white or green and deli mustard instead of plain yellow, these make all the difference. Cooking time is for cooking the chicken breast.
- 1 large skinless chicken breast, cooked
- 2 -3 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons deli prepared mustard
- 1 -2 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon red onion, minced
- 1 pita bread, pocket (2 halves)
- 1 leaf romaine lettuce, chopped (optional)
- Cut chicken breast into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- In a cereal bowl, combine the yogurt, deli mustard, and honey, and stir until well blended.
- Stir in the red onion pieces.
- Stir in chicken pieces (and lettuce, if using it).
- Spoon mixture into pita pockets.
Yummy sandwich filling. Made for lunch today for the family. Really good and I liked that it was a low fat option. Spicy and creamy dressing. We all enjoyed. 1st of 3 recipes reviewed for PAC 2012