It's very easy to make and it's delicious. Got this recipe from Paula Deen's cooking show and i added cayenne for extra spice on it.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes.
- Cut each bacon slice into thirds.
- Wrap each chicken cube with bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Stir together, brown sugar, chili powder and cayenne.
- Dredge wrapped chicken in mixture.
- Grease cookie sheet with a little olive oil.
- Place chicken wrap and bake 350 dgerees F for 35 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
This went over very well for our office Christmas party today. It is so good, sweet, spicy...yum! Definitely assemble the night before....let them marinate.
Nice little bites. I pre-cooked the bacon a bit before wrapping the chicken pieces. Made for PAC Spring '09. :)
These were really a hit at a recent appetizer / finger food party. The bacon wrapped smokies or water chestnuts are always popular, and this was a great alternative. The spice on the bacon was perfect. I wrapped and dredged these the night before and baked just before the party. I did have to increase the baking time to almost double in order to crisp the bacon. I worried that the chicken would be dry, but it was still moist and flavorful.