Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
One of my favorite carrot preparations, courtesy of Zatarain's.
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and sliced to preferred thickness
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Steam the carrots until fork-tender (time will vary depending on thickness of slice).
- When carrots are done steaming, melt butter in a pan and mix in brown sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Toss carrots in sauce until coated and serve.
I made this with baby carrots, they were quite tasty, as expected. I made this for ZWT5. I really liked the vanilla with the carrot flavor!
How much easier can it get? Wanting a quick side dish, this fit the bill perfectly. I felt that the sauce was excellent, not overly sweet but bringing out the flavour of the carrots. Thank you, teammate KissKiss, for another excellent recipe! Made for Family Picks, ZWT 5, Jammin' Java Jivers
Baby cut carrots were microwaved until crisp tender, the butter, sugar and vanilla were added and then everything was transferred to a saucepan. The liquid was allowed to cook away leaving the carrots with a nice glaze. Made for *ZWT 5*