Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cooking Light. This is how I like my slaws. No mayo! Cooking time is chilling time.
- 6 cups shredded cabbage (about 1/2 head)
- 1 cup shredded carrot (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper (about 1 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; toss well.
- Combine sugar and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Pour vinegar mixture over cabbage mixture, tossing gently to combine. Cover; chill 1 hour.
Ooh, sweet & sour! We liked this. Well, THE PICKY ONE not so much. Very quick & easy to assemble. Made for Topic of the Month 5/08 berries & salads.