Recipe by *Carlee* *
A beautiful alternative to cranberry sauce! I learned this recipe from a German chef at a private party. The blend of onions and blueberries will amaze you. It's a guaranteed winner -- I don't know how many people I've passed this on to, but you CAN'T GO WRONG!
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the onion and blueberries in a large saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a boil.
- Add butter and sugar.
- Let it simmer while stirring occasionally for at least a half hour, or until the entire mixture is soft and well blended.
- OPTIONAL: add more butter to taste.
- Serve it HOT with a pork/beef/bison roast that's thinly sliced.
- Freeze the leftovers because you'll have enough left to have this tasty sauce for a few more meals.