Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A beautiful alternative to cranberry sauce! I learned this recipe from a German chef at a private party. The blend of onions and blueberries will amaze you. It's a guaranteed winner -- I don't know how many people I've passed this on to, but you CAN'T GO WRONG!
- Mix the onion and blueberries in a large saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a boil.
- Add butter and sugar.
- Let it simmer while stirring occasionally for at least a half hour, or until the entire mixture is soft and well blended.
- OPTIONAL: add more butter to taste.
- Serve it HOT with a pork/beef/bison roast that's thinly sliced.
- Freeze the leftovers because you'll have enough left to have this tasty sauce for a few more meals.
This sauce was an incredible compliment to a slooooow roasted beef tenderloin. Easy to prepare and the desire of all who have tasted it.
It sounds good and has nice reviews. Unfortunately, none of the 25+ guests cared for the blueberry-onion combination. It was easy to prepare however.
How could anything with so much butter taste bad? I, too, used Splenda and loved the flavor although next time I'll try less butter and see if it's still satisfying.