Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Light and fluffy muffins with a hint of vanilla and a delightful spiced flavor. I like to call them my Sweetheart Muffins, great for Valentine's Day breakfast. I'm a Wiccan and like to know the properties of my food. Apples are for love, cinnamon for luck, cardamom for wealth, and cassia for health. I wish you magickal fun in baking and a wealth of love, luck,and good health!
- 226.79 g softened cream cheese
- 59.14 ml softened butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 118.29 ml milk
- 354.88 ml flour
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground cassia
- 2.46 ml ground cardamom
- 118.29 ml minced apple
- 59.14 ml apple jelly, melted
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add egg, milk, extract, cinnamon, cassia, and cardamom, blending well. Fold in the minced apple.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and gently fold in the moist ingredients. The mixture with be stiff.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for 20-25 minutes until barely golden. Brush with the melted apple jelly and return to the oven until golden and shiny.
I love how you tie the ingredients into their meaning. I couldn't find Cassia, so I made it without, it had an interesting flavor, not too sweet. I couldn't believe what the little bit of apple jelly on the top of the muffin did for it - that is such a great trick! I will be using it again. Thanks also for the warning, it was a very thick batter and I would have been worried without your comment. Made these for a work and left one at home to photograph, if it's still there when I do get home I'll add a picture.
Thanks Sugar Witch for a good addition to our snack day at work! Made for PAC 2012