Apple ‘n’ Spice Muffins
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg(if using).
- Combine apple, egg milk and butter; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until combined but not over mixed.
- Spoon into lightly greased or paper-lined muffin cups, filling almost to top.
- Bake in 400 F(200 C) oven for 15-18 minutes or until golden and tops are firm to touch.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Delicious! These muffins have the most yummiest taste ever. I agree with the reviewer who said they tasted very 'homey' and the amount of spice was perfect. I used wholemeal flour, because I had ran out of normal flour, but I think it just enhanced the flavor, if anything. I also love the fact that they are healthy and have so little butter! So, definitely a good healthy choice for the family. I absolutely hate buying processed baking and these muffins were astounding! I made 12 muffins, and will definitely be making again! Thanks for the recipe!