Pecan Spice Muffins
photo by recipecreator
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 3 table spoons dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brewed coffee
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1. Mix together all the dry ingredients in one bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together egg with milk, vegetable oil and vanilla.
- 2. Combine wet and dry ingredients together and mix just untill combined.
- 3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line standard muffin tins with foil liners. Grease with oil and scoop about 2-3 table spoonful of batter for each muffin. Top with pecan halves and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in a pan on a rack.
- 4. For carame glaze: mix together all the ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to boil. Turn down the heat and cook for about 5 minutes until syrup is thickened but still pourable. Pour the glaze over the muffins that are still slightly warm. Remove muffins from a pan and cool completely on a rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a stay-at-home mom with two lovely children who I always happen to cook for as well as my husband. I love to cook and bake all the food from scratch. Fresh and homemade it is my motto. When it comes to food I am quite a foodie. I am very versatile and creative. I love to cook and integrate dishes from different cuisines Italian, Russian, Middle eastern, Mexican and Chinese. I love experimenting and trying out new things at my home kitchen.