Recipe by Hanka
So simple and so delicious. I often make these in a big batch and put them into clear bag with nice ribbon and give them as a gift. People are always impressed. They are great on salads, desserts or just as a healthy snack.
Top Review by learng2takepics_2078190
Oh dear lol These things are DELICIOUS and so easy to make. I was asked to make these for a party, and in all fairness, I did make them, although they never made it to the party! OMG these things are so addictive, and I wonder why my pants don't fit lol All I can say is if you are asked to make these, make double the amount, and bribe yourself to take the half you promised. I also found that using a Silpat helps with the sticking issue.
- 2 cups pecans
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl mix sugar, cinnamon, paprika, cayenne. Add pecans and toss well.
- Drizzle honey and oil over spiced nuts and mix well so they are evenly coated.
- Spread on greased baking sheet and bake 7 - 10 minutes until sugar is caramelized.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes and take it of the sheet otherwise they might stick to the bottom. If that happens put it back in oven to melt the sticky sugar.