Sweet & Spicy Pecans
photo by Shelby Jo
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water, warm
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Stir together 1/4 cup sugar and warm water until sugar dissolves. Add pecans; soak 10 minutes. Drain, discarding syrup.
- Combine 2 tbsp sugar, chili powder, and red pepper. Add pecans, tossing to coat. Place pecans on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a tasty little snack! I realized I only had pecan pieces, not pecan halves, but it still worked out great, just the same. You can definitely taste some heat but it wasn't overpowering, which was nice. They are delicious on their own, but am looking forward to topping off my salad for lunch tomorrow with them. Thanks for posting! Made for photo tag.
So, so easy, & because of the glowing reports given in previous reviews (& because I wanted more!), I tripled the recipe to share with company this coming Saturday! Although I thought about cutting back on the chili powder & red pepper, I didn't, & they turned out ABSOLUTELY GREAT! Definitely a keeper recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
These were great with a minimal amount of work involved! I especially enjoyed the seasoning! I followed the recipe, as directed, but I sprinkled a bit of sea salt over them at the end of baking, as a personal preference! I will be sharing these with my friends over the holiday season, so thanks for sharing them with us, breezermom! :)
see 4 more reviews