Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another recipe I am posting for safe keeping that I haven'et tried yet but like the look of.
Make and share this Sweet and Spicy Mussels With Stir Fried Asian Greens recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 kg large black mussels
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 piece fresh ginger, about 50g worth
- 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fish stock
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly
- 300 g bok choy, chopped coarsely
- 400 g gai lan, chopped coarsely
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- Scrub mussels, remove beards.
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan, stir fry garlic and ginger until fragrant, add syrup, sauces, stock and juice, bring to the boil.
- Add mussels, reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 5 min's or until mussels open (discard any that don't).
- Remove mussels from pan, cover to keep warm.
- Return stock mixture to a boil. Add remaining ingredients to wok; stir fry until greens are just wilted.
- Return mussels to wok, stir fry until heated through.
- Accompany with steamed Jasmine rice if desired.