Have everything prepared and ready to add into the wok or skillet, adjust the cayenne pepper to suit your heat level :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot (can use up to 1 tablespoon more if desired)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, sliced thinly diagonally
- 2 cups cashews (or to taste)
- 1Combine all sauce ingredients; set aside.
- 2In a medium bowl, toss together the chicken with cornstarch, sugar and salt (making sure that the chicken is coated well).
- 3Heat a wok or large frypan with oil to hot (not smoking).
- 4Add in chicken, ginger, garlic and onion; stir-fry about 1 minute.
- 5Add in peppers and carrots, stir-fry about 2-3 minutes.
- 6Add in the prepared sauce, cook stirring until simmering.
- 7Add in cashews and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Spicy Cashew Stir-Fry Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 846.0
- Calories from Fat 463
- Total Fat 51.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 94.4 mg
- Sodium 2587.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 26.2 g
- Protein 46.1 g