Recipe by English_Rose
This simple Chinese stir-fry has a fresh balance of flavours. Keep the calorie count down by using boiled rice noodles instead of stir-fried rice.
- 10 ounces raw peeled jumbo shrimp
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) jar sweet and sour sauce
- 1 ounce cilantro, chopped, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the shrimp and remove the black vein if necessary.
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok (or non-stick frying pan) and stir-fry the shrimp until they turn from grey to pink.
- Add the garlic, ginger and scallions and stir-fry for a couple of minutes. Add the red chili and stir-fry for a further minute.
- Finally, add the sweet and sour sauce and cook for a couple of minutes until the mixture is bubbling.
- Scatter with the chopped cilantro and serve at once with boiled rice or noodles.