Barb Gertz's Note:
This recipe come from heart healthy.com. This salad or side dish is good and good for you. This makes a large amount, eighteen 1/2 cup servings,easy to cut recipe in half, great for a crowd or potluck. The marinade time is 24 hours. Drain the marinade before serving this dish in order to lower the fat and sodium while keeping all the good taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb uncooked small shell pasta (about 9 cups cooked)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup sugar or 3/4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- black pepper
- 1 (2 ounce) jar sliced pimiento
- 2 small cucumbers
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 18 leaves lettuce
- 1Cook pasta in unsalted water, drain, rinse with cold water, drain, and drain again, stir in oil.
- 2Transfer to 4-quart bowl, in blender, place sugar, vinegars, water, prepared mustard, salt, pepper, and pimento; Process at low speed for 15 to 20 seconds, or just enough so flecks of pimento can be seen; pour over pasta.
- 3Score cucumber peel with fork tines, cut cucumber in lengthwise, then slice thinly; add to pasta with onion slices, TOSS Well.
- 4Marinade, covered, in refrigerator for 24 hours; stir occasionally; Drain,and serve on lettuce.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Seashells
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.8
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 39.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 3.7 g