Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great sauce over any kind of stir-fry and/or rice
Make and share this Sweet and Sour Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup distilled vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice or 1⁄4 cup water
- In a small saucepan, combine the 1 cup pineapple juice, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and ketchup.
- Stir over moderate heat until simmering.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the 1/4 cup pineapple juice or in water.
- Stir into sauce; cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
Very quick and easy. Best of all, I had all the ingredients in the cupboard!
This sauce was so easy and tastes GREAT!!! I had all the ingredients in the pantry and have always wanted to learn to make a good sweet and sour sauce. Thanks for this recipe!
Just what I was looking for! Simple and good. Thank you Joy:)