Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 lbs red cabbage, cored and shredded
- 4 cloves garlic, Minced
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup tamari soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ginger, Ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In heavy stainless steel or enamelled skillet saute cabbage and garlic 3 to 4 minutes, stirring to coat well with oil.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Combine well.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees oven 40 to 60 minutes or until tender.
loved it. halfway through i covered it because the top was burning. i don't know if that was obvious to others, but it needs to be covered!
I had to cut the recipe in half (small head of cabbage), but otherwise followed it as directed. It was OK, but more salty than I'd expected and not as sweet and sour as I'd hoped. I may try this again without the tamari (increasing other liquids if necessary to keep from burning).
This is EZ and very good. I always have to mess with a recipe, and this was no exception. I did not bake the cabbage but instead let the cabbage steam for about 10-15 in the covered pan. It was done to perfection.