Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Sweet and Sour Pork Ribs. You can substitute other pork cuts.
- 2 1⁄4 lbs pork side ribs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- Place pork in 3 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Mix Brown sugar and first amount of water in bowl.
- Add vinegar and soy sauce. Stir.
- Pour over pork. Cover.
- Cook on Low for 8-10 hours or on High for 4-5 hours.
- Tilt Slow cooker and skim off any fat.
- Stir second amount of water and cornstarch together in bowl. Add to slow cooker.
- Cook on High for 15-20 minutes to thicken or pour into large saucepan to thicken on burner.
These didn't turn out quite like I had hoped.I was hoping for a thicker,more flavorful sweet & sour sauce.There was a lot of liquid so the ribs were sitting in it for a long time which made for a soggy rib.I did bake them in the oven after the slow cooker to dry them up a bit but the taste wasn't there for me.