Recipe by Sue's Kitchen
I have had this recipe forever! It was submitted to our Girl Guide Cookbook by one of our mothers. Just love these meatballs served over hot buttered noodles.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (or 1 clove minced)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices, juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all meatball ingredients except the vegetable oil and form into balls.
- Pan fry meatballs in 2 tbsps oil or bake at 350 degree oven until browned and cooked thoroughly.
- Set meatballs aside, covered with tin foil.
- Make the sweet and sour sauce by mixing sugar, salt and cornstarch in a fairly large pot. Add vinegar, soy sauce and pineapple juice. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly until desired thickness.
- Cut up pineapple slices into bite size pieces. (I use sliced pineapple instead of pineapple tidbits because I seem to get more juice). Add pineapple and meatballs to sweet and sour sauce. Heat through and serve over buttered egg noodles or rice. These make nice appetizers too.