Recipe by TiaGem
A friend from work, who moved here to Florida from Cuba, brought this in and let me sample it one night. I never had anything like it! I know you will enjoy it too!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork loin, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 2 firm ripe bananas or 2 plantains, peeled & sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over med-high heat.
- Add pork and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Remove pork and set aside.
- Add onion and bell pepper to the pot and cook over med-high heat for about 3 minutes, or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in flour, chili powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Return the pork to the pot and stir in chicken broth and sweet potato.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for approx.
- 40 minutes, or until pork is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the corn and bananas/plantains and cook 3-5 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.