Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great recipe that was given to me by a friend.What is different about it is that it does not have any butter milk in it like most recipes.What a great taste. Good for St.Patrick's Day.
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup currants
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream (8 oz.)
- 1⁄2 pint milk (8 oz.)
- Put raisins in a small saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Drain water off raisins.
- Mix sour cream with milk.
- In large bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
- Add raisins to dry ingredients.
- Add sour cream and milk to dry ingredients.
- Mix until all flour is absorbed (batter will be sticky).
- Place batter in 8 or 9 inch round spring cake pan.
- Cut shape of cross in top to allow steam to escape while baking.
- Bake 1 hour @ 350 degrees.