Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From a little Swedish Recipes book of mine. Makes 2 pounds toffee.
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup light cream
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine sugar, syrup, cocoa, heavy cream and light cream, and 3 tablespoons butter in a saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring, until mixture forms firm ball which does not flatten when dropped into very cold water, about 250 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Stir in remaining butter and vanilla. Stir until butter melts and pour into a buttered 9x9 inch cake pan.
- Cool slightly, cut in small squares with oiled scissors or sharp knife.
- Wrap pieces in waxed paper.