Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Gather 'round the fireplace and indulge in this decadent after-ski cuppa! Deliciously aromatic and a great warming beverage to enjoy throughout the cold weather holiday season, or anytime.
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh lemon zest
- 4 green cardamom pods, split
- 1 vanilla pod, split
- 6 tablespoons freshly ground medium-roast coffee
- 6 cups cold water
- 6 teaspoons sugar (to taste)
Chantilly Whipped Cream
- 3⁄4 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom, plus extra for sprinkling
- Place lemon zest, cardamom pods, vanilla pod, and ground coffee into paper filter in brew basket of your coffee maker.
- Add water to the coffee maker, and brew according to manufacturer's directions.
- While coffee is brewing, make the chantilly whipped cream:.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form; add the sugar, vanilla, cognac and cardamom, beating until well combined.
- Pour spiced coffee into 6 tall warmed mugs, about 2/3 full.
- Sweeten each serving with a teaspoon of sugar, or to taste.
- Top each serving with a generous dollop of chantilly whipped cream, and sprinkle with ground cardamom. Serve immediately.