Chantilly Cream (Creme Chantilly)
- Ready In:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients.
- Using a hand whisk (balloon whisk) or electric whisk, beat the cream in a stainless steel or glass or china bowl (not plastic- doesn't seem to whip as well).
- It is whipped properly when it is still soft and billowy but holds its shape when the whisk is withdrawn.
- Once the cream is whipped, cover and store in the fridge.
- If it separates slightly, just rewhip to restore its thickness.
Questions & Replies
Daughter's wedding in florida in 10 days. making an italian cream pastry w/fruit berry topping. Would this cream recipe work and how long would it keep it's stiffness? how far in advance can I make this & refrigerate it and then leave it on the table at the reception?? Thank you for your help in advance. Mother of the bride