photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, plus
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 lbs granny smith apples, peeled,quartered,cored,thinly sliced (about 5 large)
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries (unthawed)
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, diced
- vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix 1/2 cup golden brown sugar and 1 tablespoon flour in large bowl.
- Add apple slices and frozen raspberries and toss to coat.
- Transfer apple and raspberry filling to 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Mix oats, cinnamon, salt and re-maining 1/2 cup golden brown sugar and 1/2 cup flour in medium bowl.
- Add chilled butter and rub in with fingertips until moist clumps form.
- Sprinkle oat topping evenly over filling.
- Bake crisp until apples are tender and oat topping is golden brown and firm, about 1 hour.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Serve crisp warm or at room temperature.
- Scoop into bowls; top with ice cream or whipped cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Food.com when the site was RecipeZaar, April 24, 2001. This site has been a favorite with me for many years now with its unique features and especially for the many, many dear friends I have met here. If you are a new visitor, I hope you will stop for a while and check us out. I hope you will find it as special as I have.