Spiced Cream Coffee or Spiced Cream Irish Coffee
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark roast coffee (hot)
- 1 ounce Irish whiskey (optional)
- 2 teaspoons chocolate syrup
- Whip the cream with the nutmeg, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Divide the coffee and whiskey (if desired) into 2 cups.
- Stir 1 teaspoon chocolate syrup and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon into each cup; top with spiced cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a delicious coffee. I usually do not add sugar or whipped cream to my coffee unless it is a blended ice coffee. However, the addition of the spiced cream really takes this over the top! I had cut the recipe in half as I was the only one drinking it. After tasting the whipped cream, I decided to whip up the full pint of cream though so that I have additional spiced cream to top a dessert for tonight. Made and reviewed this recipe for the Best of 2010 Recipe Tag game.
DH and I are sipping and on our way to the spa house! This is very tasty and since it is 36 degrees today we can finally relax and sip something delicious while lollygagging in some well deserved toasty water with the jets going full blast! We have such a great view - windows all around! Perfect touch to a perfect afternoon soak! Yummy! Thank you!
see 2 more reviews