Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
This is an easy recipe. It takes a little time to make the meatballs and brown them but, after you're done browning them, there's nothing more to do until you're ready to eat. Enjoy!
- Mix by hand all ingredients except soup and water; form into balls.
- Brown meatballs in large pan on medium heat. (I usually turn them two to three times and keep them covered while they are cooking, so the insides get cooked a little.)
- Put meatballs on a paper towel to drain excess grease.
- Put the soup and 1 full can (10.5 oz.) of water in a large pot or crock pot and stir down large lumps.
- Add meatballs to soup.
- Simmer for at least 45 minutes on the stove or cook on low for 6-8 hours in the crock pot.
- Serve over egg noodles or rice.
My husband and I thought this recipe was delicious !! I used 2 lbs ground beef, 1/3 cup bread crumbs and 2 cans of soup as we like more gravy. I also served with mashed potatoes, butter beans and corn muffins. Thank you !
*Made for PAC Fall 2007* We really enjoyed this :) I thought the sauce thinned out a little too much so next time I will use maybe 1/2 soup can of milk vs a whole can of water. DH and I really loved the meatballs and may use the meat mixture in other recipes. Thanks for sharing. Nick's Mom